Title City-Zen – Zero Energy Cities Degree of recognition International Media name/outlet ecodynamicsgroup WordPress Media type Web Country Netherlands Date 1/06/18 Description Article by the Ecodynamics Group (Università Di Siena, Italy), a City-zen Roadshow partner, describing the design/scientific components involved, particularly those relating to carbon accounting and the stakeholder visualisation of the carbon challenge:
As part of WP9 (task T3.4), Ecodynamics Group has contributed within a team of experts in a series of workshops, meant as intense training and co-working sessions to kick-off decarbonisation pathways of the hosting cities. Roadshows have used city-neighbourhoods as living labs that, with direct involvement of local stakeholders (e.g. policy makers, researchers, practitioners, experts and citizens), allowed for demonstrating feasibility of decarbonisation scenarios. Within five working days, the roadshow team of experts from the Unversity of Siena, TU Delft (NL), Queen’s University of Belfast (UK), University of Central Lancashire (UK) and Vito (BE) visit the neighbourhood (on Monday morning), elaborate an integrated energy plan and present results to a wide audience (on Friday morning). Targeted districts are:
1. Colin in Belfast (UK);
2. Bornova in Izmir (TK)
3. Gruz in Dubrovnik (CH) – Ref. van den Dobbelsteen et al. Energies 11 922 2018 – doi:10.3390/en11040922.
4. Slotermeer and Inner City in Amsterdam (NL)
5. Mahon in Menorca (ES)
6. Tiro de Linea in Sevilla (ES) – Ref. Pulselli et al. Sustainable Development and Planning, WIT press, 2018.
7. Roeselare (BE) – Video at: https://www.facebook.com/klimaatswitchvanrsl/videos/634000076948263/?t=264
8. Preston (UK)
URL www.ecodynamics.unisi.it/?p=1160 Persons Riccardo Pulselli, C.L. Martin
- Environmental monitoring
- Sustainability indicators
- Sustainable city
- Stakeholder engagement