Mariska Ronteltap holds a Masters' degree in Environmental Engineering from the University of Wageningen, the Netherlands and a PhD from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH) and Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology (EAWAG), Switzerland. She also has a university teaching qualification (UTQ) from the TU Delft.
Mariska is involved in research (>1750 citations, h-index = 16) and education on MSc level (mentored >40 students) and PhD level (co-promoted 3 research fellows) and several online courses, and has been part of research and capacity building projects for both the public and private sector, all in the field of sanitary engineering / sanitation.
Main fields of expertise / interest cover:
- Sustainable sanitation, resource oriented sanitation
- Sanitary engineering
- Nutrient recovery, energy and water saving and reuse
- Sanitation in urban slum areas
- Faecal sludge management
- Treatment of source separated urine
- Sanitation linked to food security